Saturday, January 11, 2014

2013 World Gymnastics Championships -- Floor Event Final

Gold - Simone Biles USA
Silver - Vanessa Ferrari ITA
Bronze - Larisa Iordache ROU

This floor final was absolutely STACKED with incredible talent, I couldn't even predict a podium for this one, although I thought Simone would win the gold.

First up was Vanessa Ferrari. Great routine, love her full in connected to the back tuck. I was worried for her a bit because on two of her landings she had hops but stuck her double pike at the end and all in all it was a great exercise. 14.633.

Mai Murakami. Beautiful stuck double layout, perfect full in with a hop on landing. Nice triple twist, fun routine, she is so cute!! Awesome quadruple spin! 14.466.

Next Simone Biles, amazing as usual. I cannot get over the Biles, her double layout half out. It is just incredible. ALSO, who ENDS their FX with a full in back out?!? She just has the most massive difficulty and sells the routine so well. 15.000!

Larisa Iordache next, and I personally really wanted her to medal! She has amazing tumbling, high difficulty, and beautiful dance. I also love love her floor music!! 14.600.

Next, Guilia Steingruber. I really love this gymnast. She does a full twisting DLO, unfortunately she stumbled quite a bit on the landing. Her DLO is one of the best I've ever seen though, huge height. Huge double pike as well. Loved the routine. Not quite enough difficulty to contend though .. 14.333.

Sandra Izbasa, 2008 Olympic FX champion next. Her 1 and a half to triple twist was the most elegant I've ever seen. Stuck full in back out. Beautiful dance, but a fall on the last pass :( 

Kyla Ross up next. I absolutely am in love with her routine. Her dancing is so elegant and beautiful, however, her difficulty needs to be increased to compete at this level. Beautiful landings though. Also love her music. 14.333.

Elisabeth Black was last to go. Awesome first pass with very difficult 2.5 and triple twist combinations. Love the music. Out of bounds on the last tumble. 

Thanks to anyone reading my recaps 3 months late :)
I just wanted to catch up with them.
It was a fabulous World Championships!

No comments:

Post a Comment