Monday, August 6, 2012

Women's Floor Exercise Final Preview

Top 8 qualifiers and scores:

1. Alexandra Raisman - USA - 15.325
2. Sandra Izbasa - ROU - 15.066
3. Vanessa Ferrari - ITA - 14.900
4. Ksenia Afanaseva - RUS -14.833
5. Lauren Mitchell - AUS - 14.833
6. Jordyn Wieber - 14.666
7. Catalina Ponor - ROU - 14.600
8. Aliya Mustafina - RUS - 14.433

What to watch for:

Oh my gosh .. this Floor final is legit SO STACKED. There is so much amazing talent here and so many incredible routines, I'm so so excited to watch it. It's going to be honestly almost ANYONES game here, it's all going to be based on who hits and who does not.

Aly Raisman could most definitely win gold with this routine, however, both in Team Final as well as the All Around she took out the last element of her first tumbling pass. I'm hoping that it will be back in tomorrow as she goes all out for the gold!

Sandra Izbasa is the reigning Olympic champion on Floor from Beijing, and obviously she is a huge challenger for the gold medal. I'm so so proud of Vanessa Ferrari in this Olympics, she is having great competitions and I really hope that she hits tomorrow.

I really want Lauren Mitchell to do well. The Australians didn't even qualify for team final and I would like her to have something positive to take away from London. Gosh what can I say about Jordyn other than that I want her to medal so badly. *Redemption* If she can score what she scored in team final (15+) I believe she can be on that medal podium with some help.

Catalina Ponor is going to be amazing to watch of course, and how can I not root for Musty?! I love so many of them and they are all so so talented this is SO HARD.

My Medal Podium:

Fantasy Medal Podium : Gold - Jordyn Wieber, Silver - Aly Raisman, Bronze - Aliya Mustafina
Realistic Medal Podium : Gold - Aly Raisman, Silver: Sandra Izbasa, Bronze - Jordyn Wieber

No comments:

Post a Comment